Cliostraat - TORINO
New Gervasutti Bivouac - Mont Blanc
Preliminary design of structural works and study of structural works fattibilitàImporto: € 210,000.00
The Bivouac Gervasutti stands on a rocky outcrop 2,835 feet high, under the spectacular walls of the Grandes Jorasses and Petites. The first hut, made of wood, was built in 1948 by Subsection SUCAI. It was named after Giusto Gervasutti, "the strong" mountaineer Turin, in memory of his first ascent to the east face of the Grandes Jorasses. Following some damage, the camp was completely rebuilt in 1961, wood and lamiera.Nel, 2011, 50 years since the last renovation and to mark the 60th anniversary of the founding of the National School of Ski Mountaineering (www.scuolasucai.it) Subsection SUCAI (www.sucai.it) and the CAI Torino (www.caitorino.it) decided to build a new structure to replace the existing one.
The Bivouac protects the environment
The new bivouac is made of a composite sandwich shell modular and is internally organized into four areas (entrance, local lunch, 2 dormitories with 12 beds) for a total of thirty square meters and 1,980 pounds of weight. The electricity is produced by photovoltaic units with the latest generation of batteries and allows the interior lighting and the use of hot plates for cooking. E 'energy self-sufficient and, thanks to the presence of an onboard computer connected to the internet via satellite, the Gervasutti bivouac is constantly connected with the outside world, detects the state of operation of the electrical system and sends the acquired data.